15 June 2006

Newly Named Blog... Newly Minted Me?

In the two full years since my last blog posting, a huge amount has happened and a similarly large amount has changed, both in terms of my life situation and the way I perceive and relate to the world. Most changes are not obvious from the surface (I look about the same, though I've lost weight and have more worry lines). But those who know me can tell.

I am less open, less trusting, certainly a lot less innocent to the vagaries and unfairness of life. I am less certain of some things (many idealistic beliefs are gone for good) and more certain of my own ability to survive anything that comes my way, alone or with friends. I laugh much less now. Perhaps in some ways I am stronger.

In the face of this transformation, I've decided to rename my blog. The old name ("La Petite Cochonne" which translated to: "The Little Female Pig") left too much to the imagination, at least for any wayward French speaker who might happen upon my blog! The new name has some subtlety to it too - I don't use "fiendish" here to connote evil tendencies, rather it's meant to convey something unexpected, as in "fiendishly clever" or in this case fiendishly *cute*.

Still, the new name is more straightforward than the old. As I hope my life will be from now on.

1 Comments:

Blogger -johnny;j said...

Wow, I can't believe it's been two years since your last post. I'm glad to see your back. Here's to your new blog, your new self and the new days ahead of you. May your frogs be forever fiendish, as in fiendishly *fun*!

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home